Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chi Hair Striaghtener?

I just got a chi for Christmas and it was ecstatic!



I opened it and it was the original chi model with NO temperature switch. That was an upset for me, because I have fine/thin hair, and I really don't want to fry it.



Anyhoo I triedit and all I got was kinda straight frizzy hair.



Am I maybe having a bad hair day? Should I try it again tomorrow when I have a fresh wash?



Or should I exchange it for this one



http://www.amazon.com/Farouk-GF1538-Regu...



which has a heat controller.



Merry Christmas!



Chi Hair Striaghtener?

Don't trade it in, CHIs are really awesome. I've had mine for over 2 years and I have fine hair. I've never fried it. The main rules when straightening is 1) Take smaller sections, the heat is more evenly applied 2) You can't go over it really fast, take your time going down the hair. Don't stop at all though it will cause a crease and 3) Pressure is your friend, hold it tight enough that it has a good grip on it but that it doesn't stick.



Also, try and get some good products to put in your hair beforehand to protect it. CHI Iron Guard is perfect



Chi Hair Striaghtener?

make sure that you are straightening small sections at a time. I also have very fine hair, but I keep my temp control on high. My hair hasn't fried yet and I've been straightening for about 5 years! I don't get a great result if I try to straighten too much hair in a section. I usually clip up the top part of my hair and work in sections. Good luck and merry christmas!



Chi Hair Striaghtener?

i'm not completely sure, but i believe that chi and farouk are owned by the same company.



do your hair in small sections and you have to run it the length of your hair very slowly. so SLOW DOWN.



the reasoning behind the chi not having a control switch is that the ceramic plates will not burn your hair. i have fine, thin hair. i have bought low end flat irons and high end flat irons (an imatation chi, ripped off by ebay). the bottom line, as long as you get your hair trimmed every six weeks, you'll be fine. i haven't found anything that keeps my hair straight during humid weather. let me know if this really works...

No comments:

Post a Comment