Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hair lose.. Help??

I have really thin hair..yet it still falls out on a daily basis. usually when i brush my hair. I think this is unnormal for an 19 year old. i do dye my hair in every 3. 4 months..3months ago i had perm..is that why? and i wanna know how often or what amount is normal to fall out? mine is approx about 25 string a day?



Hair lose.. Help??

There are many factors that can contribute to hair loss. It could be stress related, hormonal, chemically induced, or it could be the sign of an underlying medical condition. It is normal to lose about 100 strands per day, but if you are concerned then talk to your doctor about it.



Do you color and perm your own hair? The chemicals could be causing excessive damage to your hair. I would hold off a bit and consult a professional if you have been doing it yourself. Hormonal fluctuations could be also contributing, do you notice a pattern of when you are losing more. Keep a journal and record how you are feeling, what you are eating and what products you are using. That may give you an idea of when it is worse and will help the doctor with a diagnosis.



good luck.



Hair lose.. Help??

25 strings is definatley normal....my hair fell out at a really young age and we went to the doctor alot and he said it was normal....but if ur really scared...talkedto ur dermatologist..



Hair lose.. Help??

You may be sufering form alopecia areata..I had such a problem when I was under a lot of stress. Got it fixed with just a cream the doctor prescribed. Better to see a dermatologist.



Hair lose.. Help??

you might have cancer



Hair lose.. Help??

Are you under a lot of stress? This can do it. Make sure to take lots of vitamins, and also talk to your doctor about it. Stop wearing your hair in ponytails and barretts. Made sure you wear it down with nothing in it/pulling at it, as much as you can. Good luck.



Hair lose.. Help??

Look under Hair growth on the search engine. You will find companies that offer hair care products.



Hair lose.. Help??

A perm cant cause that love but only if you get another too quick,that will cause breakage.What you need to do is stop the dying for a while and get your hair steamed with castor oil and treated with some good hair treatment and no perm for awhile.I have thin hair too and this remedy normally give my hair some bounce.Also for shampoo and conditioners use V05 extra body and split ends shampoo and conditioner.The extra body one is in a different bottle from the split end and there is nothing wrong with mixing them.



Hair lose.. Help??

Hair loss can come from many different reasons.....some genetic.....is there a history of it in your family, especially in the women? Also, I would lay off the coloring and permanents and give your scalp a chance to recover from all those chemicals....that could be the source of this issue. See a dermatologist if it continues to get a doctor's opinion. My hair started falling out at age 18, and has continued till now....am now 48, and am a woman....doctors have no answer for me, unfortunately, it is in the genes in our family....my worst nightmare come true at age 18 when I saw it start happening, since I knew it had happened to my mom, and her sisters.



I even had to have surgery a few years ago ON MY SCALP because of benign skin cancer....because my hair was so thin on the crown, that exposure to the sun caused skin cancer. Finally gave up at that point and started wearing wigs. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment