Friday, July 24, 2009

Straighter hair without straight iron or silicon-based chemicals?

I have very thin hair, so when I use silicon-based sprays (i.e. "Sexy Straight Hair Spray") it weighs my hair down and makes it look oily/greasy! And I'm trying to stay away from the flat iron - I want my long hair back and hair damage equals more breakage.



Btw, I do have naturally straight hair but near my bangs, where it is shorter, and in the layers that frame my face, it is wavy.



Straighter hair without straight iron or silicon-based chemicals?

I totally understand why you wouldn't want to use a straightening product or a flat iron on your fine thin hair, as it can be brittle and easily weighed down. I would recommend that you use a round brush or your fingers and pull your bangs straight while blow drying. It's not going to hurt it if you use a flat iron on just the bang area. Just don't use high heat, if there is a heat setting on your iron. And always use a thermal protectant spray when using a flat iron. a good light weight one that feels like there's nothing on your hair is Beyond Body Thermal Protectant by Aquage. Just a couple sprays of product is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment