Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hey cosmetologists, hair stylists and hair dyers/bleachers!?

Ok first dont say go to a salon.



Anyway...I've been dying my hair black for 7 months, I have been redying it every 6 weeks. I wanted to go blonde since its spring and its getting nicer out and I'm totally bored of black hair. I have pretty thin hair but I've bleached parts of it before and it was fine. However I've never bleached all my hair at once. I want to go kind of a Lauren Conrad blonde (The girl in the show The Hills). I was gunna bleach my hair blonde or however light I can and then dye it the blonde I want with high and low lights. Should I bleach and dye on the same day? Or is that too damaging? And how long should I keep the toner in to make sure my hair isn't bright orange? How should I care for it after i bleach it since its gunna be very fragile? Any tips? I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it before I do it.



Hey cosmetologists, hair stylists and hair dyers/bleachers!?

No professional will just give you this kind of information, because any professional in the business knows that you attempting your own color correction is not a good idea. Bleaching black hair is unpredictable, and the results are bound to turn out uneven, even with the greatest care. Bleach formulations can not be recommended without seeing the overall integrity of your hair. Toners can not be prescribed without seeing the undertones that are exposed. Bleach and color can often be done on the same day, but the color used would most likely need to be demi-permanent, and formulated to either counteract undesirable tones left in the hair or to fill in necessary tones that were stripped. There is no guaranteed, one size fits all solution to color correction, and that is why stylists charge the prices that they do. You are not paying them to slap on color, you are paying for their expertise in the field. I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment