Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

I had a hair cut in an some kinda expensive salon and expected that they would give the haircut that i was longing for a long time. I described to the hairstylist the kind of haircut i wanted. But then now, it was totally different from what i expected and i end up having thinner hair length since i have natural thin hair since she cut it in a shaggy layer style which is the last thing i would sport . I feel terrible and so down now that i don't know what to do. Tying it doesn't look good coz she just a left a few long hair strands at the back to make it into a ponytail...I'm really sad and feel like crying thinking that i can't have my old hair back. I thought it would look better if i have a new haircut.But now i feel it's a disaster. What should i do? I feel i'm totally wasted. I want my long hair back but i feel that it takes forever for it to grow...i feel horrible and i don't want to go back to the salon nor do i wanna complain about it.



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

I am so sorry, I have been in a similar situation and you are totally valid in feeling upset and depressed. I've noticed that even if you are direct in telling stylists what you want they always think they will know what will look good and they take a little freedom. I am sure you said you liked it after rite? I did, it felt only appropriate. The simple fact is they are doing a service for you that you paid a lot for; I know you don't want to complain but I think you should go back and tell him/her you are not happy, and see what they can do. They are usually more than happy to help fix it because they want you to come back and tell their friends about them. Also I think it helps me if I think of it like a burger joint, if they get your order wrong, you take it back...it閳ユ獨 not personal. If you are really averse to going back I'd say look into extensions, or try to pass the time until it grows long enough to pony tail it. I'm sorry girl I know how you feel....uurrhhGGGHHHHH!



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

Go back and complain, that's not what you asked for! Get your money back girl!



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

well im sure its not that bad and i kno u can find some kind of way to put it that u like..and this might sound silly but if its really that big of a deal they always have wigs



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

You need to go back to the salon, speak to the manager and explain the style you arrived with, the style you requested and they will see the style you have ended up with.



Growing all your hair back is impossible so for you, what would make the style better, something that you could cope with? Maybe shorter, to remove some of the layers? If this is the case, suggest to them how you would like your hair to be put right BUT stress you do not want the original stylist to work on your hair.



All good salons would not want to see a customer un-happy and should make the effort to do something to your hair to improve it.



Don't be emotional when you go there, don't shout - just try to stay as calm as you can and express yourself clearly - they won't want to help someone who's tearful / shouty / rude.



I've been there with those hairdressers, I once asked for a trim and had 5inches lopped off, so I understand your pain!



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

That's too bad. Ofcourse you should go back and complain. It's not really about the money though. I would be angry/sad too if my hair was messed up. The same thing happened to me and it took me two years to regrow my hair. I could suggest getting extensions. They are expensive but they can make your hair fuller and longer and won't be as noticable as a wig.



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

The problem here is you need to make some adjustments to your haircut... and this means cutting more hair... you're in a difficult situation. Go to a stylist and ask him to fix it, without cutting too much hair... OK?



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

We all make mistakes so just let it grow out and find a better salon next time or read some book on hairstyles.



Personally I like mine graded at the back as its easier to handle I don't like fussing with my hair if I can get away with it



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

The only thing I can tell you is to go back and say something. Its really a shame that she cut it that way because my cosmetology teacher always tells us that once its off you cant put it back on. Get another stylist to show you different ways to STYLE the hair and make it look totally different. There's always a style to make hair look thicker...or if your hair grows super slow you can get hair extensions..they're pricey but they can be really help you out.



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

go back to the salon with confidence and ask the stylist to show you how to style your hair. If you don't like the cut at all, you need to remember that hair grows about half and inch a month. get upset, but do be serious. a bad haircut is just a factor of life.



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

I understand about not wanting to go back to the salon but you have to. You paid good money to have a haircut and in giving her the money you gave her the message that everything was OK... it's NOT and she needs to know that. If you don't want to talk to her again, talk to the manager/owner or another stylist and maybe they can reshape it for you or show you a different way to style it so you can at least LIKE your hair as it grows out. Or maybe they'll just give you a refund, who knows.... but we are not mind readers, we don't know if people don't tell us we messed up (and we ARE only human, after all!) I'd rather have a customer come back into my salon and tell me that they aren't happy, than to go tell all her family and friends that I do sh*tty work or that our salon is sh*tty.



Ya know, this is a very important lesson, though... sometimes paying more for something doesn't necessarily equal better quality. We stylists all start out in the same type of hair schools and learn the very same basics of hair cutting, so why people think that since they are paying $50 for a haircut as opposed to $15 that it's gonna be SOOO much better... well, as you learned, that's not true!



I work at a salon that charges $15 for a basic cut ($18 w/shampoo) and I'm always surprised by the amount of people that think the same thing... so they go to a higher priced place, it gets screwed up (and let me tell ya, I've seen some PRETTY DAMN BIG screw ups!!!!) and then they come by US and have it fixed... hmmm...



Now I'm not saying that a less costly salon isn't going to mess up your hair... that can happen anywhere, unfortunately. Sometimes it's not the stylist's fault, though... sometimes it's a communication thing, meaning that the average person doesn't know the correct terminology and so can't explain themselves properly. The best thing to do is bring some good clear pictures of what you're looking for... there's no mistake about that!!!



Well, good luck to you... I hope she or someone at the salon will help you!!!



I don't like my new hair cut....what to do?

You should really go back to the hairstylist and tell her that you're not happy about the haircut, like the first person said. I know it might take a lot, but it's the best thing for you anf for the perosn who cut your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment