Friday, July 24, 2009

I have lost alot of hair in the past 30 days. What could be wrong?

I am a woman, 45 yrs. old and I'd say it was only about a month and I brushed my hair, and went to put it in a pony tail and it feels extremely thinned out. I don't have patches, but I had thick hair and now I have thin hair, very thin.



I have lost alot of hair in the past 30 days. What could be wrong?

I had a very simaler problem and after seeing a nutritionist i learned that i was not eating enough protein. If you are concerned go to your doctor. Some blood tests can be run and you may feel better about it knowing whats causing it. There are so many different explinations for hair loss though. Good luck.



I have lost alot of hair in the past 30 days. What could be wrong?

Stress or change in hormone levels may be a contributing factor.



I have lost alot of hair in the past 30 days. What could be wrong?

Are you eating enough protein and taking a multivitamin?



Are you or have you gone through a recent hormonal change (menopause or pre-menopause)?



Have you recently gone through something stressful or tramatic (death in the family, surgery, etc)?



All of these things can cause it. Remember, hair is in a 3 month cycle so whatever you were doing roughly 3 months ago is usually what is causing it.



At your age though, my best guess would be hormonal. For women, that is the cause a lot of the time. Even going off birth control pills can do it for younger women.



I would suggest taking hair, skin, and nails vitamins and taking the herb Dong Quai if it sounds hormonal to you. Also, there is a chinese herb called Ho Shu Wu that might be effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment